Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Smart Rewards Redemption Currently Erratic



If you're an avid Smart subscriber, then you must have heard about Smart Rewards. This is the telco's way of giving rebates to their loyal customers. The points are usually credited a few days after loading. It is the equivalent of Globe Rewards.


To join Smart Rewards, just text REWARDS to 9800.

Five points is credited for every load you buy. Keep on loading and you'll get higher points, which you can change for free airtime or text messages. All kinds of Smart load is valid for points.

To check your points, text POINTS to 9800.

The most popular redemption item in this program is AllText10, which comes with 30 Smart to Smart and Talk n Text texting credits and 10 to other networks. AllText10 costs 1,300 points.

To redeem Alltext10, just text REDEEM ALLTEXT10 to 9800.

I have been a regular Smart Rewards points redeemer, so to speak. But days before the holiday season, the redemption system has been erratic. As a result, I lost a lot of points.

First, they instantly credited me with 2 ALLTEXT10 packages. The usual waiting time for this is 48 hours. The error somehow benefited me but it unwanted. I don't want two packages. Just one. My accumulated Smart Rewards points was deducted by 1,300 twice.

On New Year's Eve, I tried to redeem again. Unfortunately, I didn't receive a confirmation message until January 3. That's way too long as such a message usually arrives right after texting the keywords. I expected to receive the load by January 5. Unfortunately, no free load came in until now. But I was deducted points anyway.

Another not-so good thing about this program is that you cannot keep on texting the keywords because you'll be deducted over and over again. Plus, if you texted the wrong thing, it would cost you Php1 worth of your airtime load. If you want to join, check your points, redeem, or do anything with Smart Rewards, be very careful. There's always that chance of getting 1 peso out of you regular load.

So for my cheapsie review of Smart Rewards:

When it is working - 3 Thumbs UP

When it is not - 2 Thumbs UP

Over all - Average

No comments:

NuffNang