Saturday, October 30, 2010

Down to 256kbps on Wi-Tribe

Today marks the first day when I exceed th 1GB allocation of my Wi-Tribe MoveUp 598 plan. I was kind of worried that my internet connection would be reduced to a dragging nightmare. But thankfully, I was wrong.

Again, I'm not the downloading type. I don't have rigs here and my internet needs are limited to frequent emails, browsing, and blogging with occasional YouTube watching, setup or small file downloads, and well, Facebook uploading.

So for me, the 256kbps speed is still better way better than my pathetic USB broadband connection - and that's regardless of provider, mind you. That one simply keeps on disconnection. My Wi-Tribe here is a lot stable. I haven't had lost my signal or my internet connection even if I'm down to one bar. That's actually the case in my first few days with the service. Now I'm up to four bars and I feel more secured with my connections. So far no interruptions with my service. No instances of slowing either.

I'm now waiting for my first bill to see how this works. I am still in doubt whether I'd stick to the fixed Php598 bill or they'll switch my plans around like they claim they would in the Flexi plan. But I'm on MoveUp so they shouldn't. But that's something that I have to be sure of. They told me I'm on the fixed billing mode. And I can only hope that I really am.

So far so good. I'd post if I run on any problems. For now, I'm rating my cheapsie internet connection purchase as:

Wi-tribe MoveUp 598 - 4 THUMBS UP

No comments:

NuffNang